One Thing is the annual conference of the International House of Prayer. It is my first year attending so I wanted to share with you some insights into the International House of Prayer (IHOP) movement and its growing global impact.
“In 1985 there were only about 25 houses of prayer going 24/7 in prayer and worship
Now, in 2013, there are over 10,000 in the Earth today.”- Mike Bickle
One Thing 2013
- The One Thing 2013 Conference received over 30,000 registrations from all over the world.
- It was seen in over 200 nations via GodTV and Live Web Stream
- The conference was free but cost well over a million dollars.
- The first Leadership Summit gathered over 500 prayer and mission leaders.
- The Leadership Summit adopted for prayer 300 languages still needing Bible translations through partnership with The Seed Company.
- Francis Chan, Matt Redman, and Jesus Culture joined in the line up for this year’s gathering.
The International House of Prayer
- The IHOP KC has been maintaining unceasing 24/7 prayer now for fourteen years.
- There are 84 2-hour prayer sets maintained each week.
- The IHOP KC base receives over 100,000 visitors a year.
- The base houses 700 students and staff.
- IHOP University and Bible School enrolls 1,000 students
- One Thing Internship drew 610 interns in 2013.
- Those who serve in prayer, worship, and service through IHOP KC are called intercessory missionaries.
- Intercessory Prayer Missionaries spend a minimum of 25 hours a week in prayer and worship. They spend another 25 hours a week in compassion, evangelism, and service.
- IHOP KC is run by 1,000 staff missionaries. They were inspired in the early days by YWAM and Cru and therefore all staff members are support raised.
- 9 Languages are served with full worship teams each week.
- 50 missionaries are currently deployed to “closed countries.”
- 12.7 million people have visited the ihopkc.org web site in 2013
- 10,000 gigabytes of teaching and worship resources are available online for free
- 8700 hours of live web streaming were displayed in 2013.
- IHOP KC holds 10 conferences a year including the One Thing conference.
- 35 artists have recorded on the Forerunner music label with 150 albums produced
- Mike Bickle was a local church Pastor for 25 years. He started with the Presbyterian Church.
- Bickle’s first church had about 200 members. He had a vision of increasing to 500 with all new converts.
- He had a shift in life where he saw his greatest calling being the “First Commandment”: to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. He believes that this “bigger life vision” affects the quality of a person’s ministry and keeps them burning out. It is out of this calling that the IHOP ministry operates.
- A book by Martin Lloyd Jones on how prayer impacts evangelism directed him towards prayer and intercession.
- Mike has committed his life to seeing night and day prayer raised up all over the Earth, in every nation.
- He was greatly impacted by the message of Psalm 132 and the vow King David made to God. Also by Isaiah 62.
- 30 years ago (in 1983) God spoke to him to do 24 hour prayer with worship in the Spirit of the Tabernacle of David. For 16 years this word hung on their wall until they actually began to do it in 1999.
- Bickle believes he is one of the most successful people because he is loved by God, and by his grace, He loves God.
- He calls this “the first commandment in the first place.”
Mike Bickle and IHOPKC answer their critics in a page called “Affirmations and Denials.”