I know we live in a new world, a world where we only have a few minutes to engage.
So I wanted to try and give you my own overview of missions in just a minute.
Here is how I see it off the top of my head.
- The War is On, God Himself is on a Mission
- Abraham Called: “Blessed to be a Blessing to All Nations”
- Israel called to be a light to the nations
- Jesus destroys the works of the devil, sets the captives free, inaugurates the Kingdom
- Commissions his church to do the same
- Local Church as a “house of prayer for all nations.”
- Matthew 28: 18-20 perpetual for all generation, extending to all nations
- Every believer is invited to join God on mission
- Some are specifically set apart and sent to cross cultures and languages
- Matthew 24:14: “panta ta ethne”- to all the people groups and the “end times.”
- Jesus purchased men for God with his blood
- He has yet to receive the “reward of his sufferings.”
- We are to hasten the day of the Lord by playing a part in Matt 24:14
- It will happen: Rev 5:9, 7:9
- But it hasn’t yet!
- There are a few main frontiers of missions left.
- We have all of the resources in the global church
- We don’t have the focus…yet.
- Someone has to wave the banner and rally the troops in each generation.
- Now is a new generation.
Do you have questions on this? Which part don’t you get? Weigh in down in the comments.